Sunday 16 March 2008

Keyboard disaster - missing letters untraced. BT cleared...

This posting is the property of Guy Kewney and was taken without the owner's consent

Recently, my friend Roo lost the letter "y" off his laptop. Ever time he tped a word with that letter, he had to reach for his "Alt" key (which involved Numlock first) and tr to work out what the code was.

It reminds me of the time I lost the letter "r" - which was a complete disaste, and I went to the bothe of buying a new keycap - which, I thought, I had stuck down - but no! As soon as I tuned the keyboad ove, it fell onto the floo and unde the same cupboad that the fist one went unde...

Fortunately, I have it now. But at the time I was in a panic: I couldn't see a thing under that dresser! So I felt around on the floor, hoping to pick at least one of them up. Instead I found three CDs from MSDN and an awful lot of fluff from the dog; more rubber hair-bands than I owned when I had a pony-tail - and no keycaps AT ALL.

In short, I couldn't find my "r"s with both hands...

No comments: