Tuesday 10 January 2012

CIx

There is an independent endorsement of my favourite internet resource here: http://www.bloorresearch.com/blog/the-norfolk-punt/2011/12/newest-bestest.html

As David says in his blog entry, CIx goes back to the days of monochrome VDUs and 80-column text screens. In spite of its latest Web incarnation, Cix Forums, now working well under its excellent management (and I am not saying that just because I am in some of the same CIx conferences as Leslie), I still prefer to download my messages and deal with them offline. It is good to have a slightly different way of handling internet discussion - and it is less frustrating than trying to fight BT when the network is slow.

But however I connect, I feel I am in civilised company: if not all are friends, at least a better class of enemy.

No comments: