- immediately after signing the agreement with Salmond, set up a committee planning for separation, maximising the benefits for HM Treasury
- involved as many civil servants as possible in the committee, then denied its existence
- refused to join Liberal Democrat and Labour parties in their campaigns
- while going through the motions of defending the Union, banned all media releases from Westminster on the subject, and
- locked up Nigel Farage for the duration.
Sunday, 14 September 2014
Alternative strategy for Scottish Referendum "No" campaign
It is clear that the various strategies of "Better Together" have played into the hands of the "Yes" campaign. If Cameron had really wanted an overwhelming vote for Union he should have: