Even though the El Niño warming episode is over, Earth’s heat streak is continuing. Big time.
- It marks the 15th straight month that the global temperature record has been broken.
- This is the longest such streak in the 137-year record.
- July marks the 40th consecutive such month with temperatures that were at least nominally above the 20th century average.
- The last time July’s global average temperatures were below average was back in 1976.
- Last month also was the 379th consecutive month with temperatures at least nominally above the 20th century average.
*many of us suspect that they re-directed their energies into rubbishing the European Union, with rather more success