Friday 26 January 2024

Messages in a bottle

This is my last scheduled entry in this blog. These blogs have always been no more than messages thrown into the html ocean. I took to blogging enthusiastically because my letters to the press (mostly about politics, but also on my other interests) were either disregarded or published so late that they had lost all significance. I recognise so much of myself in the wise post by David Tebbutt, whose writing has been so much of my computing life from the first days of Personal Computer World on.

At the same time, I have tried to remain true to the original concept of the blog, by passing on the URIs of other sites which are of interest.

I have avoided repeating what is self-evidently true while adding my voice to those seeking to correct.

That is why I have eschewed pimping myself in such things as Liberal Democrat Blogs, possibly passing up the chance of prizes.

No comments: