Sunday 26 December 2021

Boxing Day

In lieu of a Christmas Box, I tip my hat to the people who collect the refuse and recycling for Neath Port Talbot. In addition to the year-round standard service, someone on the round in Skewen occasionally makes sure that my waste caddy is put back within the front yard after their collection when storms threaten and are liable to blow the caddy away.

-o-

There are hundreds, probably thousands of TV and movie dramas about Christmas Day and Advent, but as far as I know, no screenwriter has tackled the remaining days of Christmas - except perhaps for adaptations of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. Boxing Day offers some dramatic possibilities, being one of the days in the year when domestic violence rises. I have toyed with the idea of writing a Boxing Day scenario of which a family split is one of the two narrative strands, both being resolved in a hopeful ending. It needs filling out, though, and inspiration has deserted me.


No comments: