Saturday 10 August 2013

What happened to the Master Singers

I finally got round to make a start on digitising my vinyl collection. I began with the 45s and was gratified to find that there was little to be ashamed of in my choices (well, apart from a couple of Nana Mouskouri tracks). Since I hadn't played most of the discs for years, it was inevitable that the occasional "What happened to?" question came up. In particular, a surprise top 30 hit, produced by George Martin on the Parlophone label of Beatles fame, sung versions of various public information items by a group named the Master Singers, raised the question.

I was delighted to find http://www.batesline.com/archives/2007/05/the-definitive.html which not only recounts how the record came to be made but also what happened to the Master Singers afterwards.

No comments: