Monday, 1 September 2014


That's the name of the chemical fingered by the BBC and the Daily Mail in one brand of electronic cigarette refill. It occurs naturally in some foods and as a result of fermentation, according to this wikipedia entry, but can be hazardous when heated and inhaled.

The manufacturer concerned stopped making the product some weeks ago when they learned of the dangers. However, they did not take the logical and prudent step of issuing a recall notice.

One should also question whence came the idea of this particular flavouring. Could they have taken a cue from traditional cigarette manufacturers?

No comments: